Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace . . . One School at a Time Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace . . . One School at a Time by Greg Mortenson


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
Wow. What an excellent, inspiring book. I am blown away by the life and vision - and determination - of Greg Mortenson. What a humble and great man. This book follows his amazing story as he falls in love with the people of Pakistan, sees their need for schools and has the vision to understand that education - and reaching out in love - is the only tangible and lasting way to aid a country in need. Greg's experiences made me wonder in awe at his fortitude, his generosity, his perseverence and his tenacity in overwhelming circumstances. More than once I was moved to tears. I learned SO much about Pakistan, Afghanistan and what has been going on over there. I am so turned off by politics and media reports because I just feel I can never believe them. Greg has pulled my head out of the sand with his honest and heartfelt story. My heart and eyes have been opened to his message and his mission. I feel changed because of it. This book should be required reading for all Americans.


View all my reviews.

No comments: