Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Good morning! It's a good day! Light snow outside (after losing ALL of our snow last week). I'm doing pretty good at not going to bed tooooo late, so I have more time in the morning. I'm starting my morning with my devotions/quiet time again. What a difference (in ME) that makes. And now, I find myself almost all "caught up" on some scrapping/journaling projects, so I am SO ready to get in my little room and CREATE!

Don't forget, one of my projects for this year is to do a daily photo, usually with a little journaling, and a weekly digi page to go along... That can be found at the link on the right, which I have conveniently place right here, too: 2008-366-52-12. I'm really enjoying that, but it's about to get WAY more fun...

...because - yesterday I picked up my new Digi SLR Camera. Woo hoo! I never thought I'd be saying that at this point in time! After this post, I will be taking it out of the box, reading the manual, and then will take my first photos with it. I'm SO excited!!

I had the BESTEST surprise yesterday, too! There's this company called Hambly and they make, among other things, the MOST delicious and out-of-the-ordinary papers and especially transparent overlays which are extremely beautiful and fun to use on scrapbook pages. They also have a blog here and they run the occasional give-away where all you need to do is leave a comment on their blog and, if they draw your name, you win FREE delicious stuff. I'm sure you've guessed by now that MY name was among three that were chosen for January. So I can expect a lovely box of goodies to arrive in my mail soon. (Hopefully, the mail lady will not bend the box in an effort to get it to fit in my mailbox like she did the first time I ordered some precious Hambly...UGH! I took my angry self and the bent box to the main post office guy and he was equally disgusted, sooooooo, hopefully this was passed on to the appropriate ignoramus.)

In other good news, we were able to help Dustin pick out a vehicle yesterday and I think that will be finalized Wednesday. I'll post a picture when it all transpires. I just can't wait to see how this purchase will benefit his life! And we're also so excited that our beloved Rimrockers will be making a similar venture over the next few days/weeks. Happy, happy! :)

Well, I'm off to go get camera drunk! :D

No comments: