Monday, August 07, 2006

Our boys.

It's so gratifying as parents to see how much they love each other and how much they love spending time together.

And - wonder of wonders - they WANT to spend time with US!

Note to all parents of rebellious teenagers: keep the doors of communication open and this is what you will have to look forward to!

We had such an excellent week together. I tried to savor each moment, knowing that all too soon the boys would be back home.

And, indeed, my house-full of "children" (including future children-in-law) is empty and quiet now. My summer vacation is almost over. I'm taking this week easy so that I will go back to work feeling as though I've had a vacation. There will be some scrapping, some reading, some swimming, some sleeping in and, good heavens, some grocery shopping!

Oh - change of subject here. Don't tell anyone, but Chris said he wants to get in shape before next year. (Before having to sit in an airplane seat for 6-1/2 hours on the way to and from Ireland. Before hosting a 4th of July wedding at our house. Before having to do the myriad of stuff that will need done for the wedding.) I say - yee ha! I've been quietly doing my own thing lately and have already lost 10 pounds. So I'm SO happy we can de-junk food the house, start walking together and be of the same mind in this area.

On that happy note, dinner's ready and I'm gonna go eat some corn on the cob. (Hey, technically, it's a vegetable!).
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: