Monday, January 29, 2007




William R. Barlow, Sr.
October 17, 1923 - January 28, 2007



He's gone. We all feared it with his recent surgery. We celebrated when he survived the operation. We were joyous when we heard the very unexpected and un-usual news that he was cancer FREE! Our hopes were up, but for those of us who spent the last week with Dad, there was a fear, pushed down, decisively ignored. And, our worst fears came true yesterday.

Without going into great detail, I will say this. His heart - and perhaps first his will - gave out. We knew his heart was not good. A dr. told us a year ago it could stop anytime. He had a pacemaker and congestive heart failure. It was a hard week for him. And yesterday morning, after being taken to the ER after a rough night, his heart just quit.

And our hearts are broken. My heart is broken. He was more of a Dad to me than he'll ever know. But God knows. Because God brought me in to this beautiful family and gave me the gift of Mom and Dad Barlow. My loss isn't lessened by being an in-law.

Our grief is momentarily relieved by the wonderful knowledge that we know for sure where he is now. Thank God, we know for sure. Thank God for promises in His Word that assure us of this.

And we are cheered when we think of him being with Mom again. He was never quite the same without her. He missed her dearly.

Life with Dad was a joy because he was a joy and a sweet-heart. And we will miss him dearly. I miss him dearly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss but I know he and Minnie are once again together. He was an awesome person who had a wonderful attitude and outlook on life and will be missed by many people, even those he thought forgot about him! Michele