Friday, February 09, 2007




80 and counting…

Every day since my last blog we’ve gotten cards in the mail (We’ve also received flowers, food, gifts and assorted hugs and verbal expressions of sympathy – so wonderful, but obviously not daily.) But the cards. They keep coming. You wouldn’t think that a little piece of paper with a store-bought saying would mean so much. You wouldn’t unless you would be the recipient of said paper. Because each card, some with personal notes, but some just signed, is like an individual hug from the one that sent it. And in this situation when it’s often so hard to think of just the right words to say, a hug speaks volumes. They are so comforting. If anyone reading this has any doubts about the meaning of sending a card, please let me dispel them all. It’s so worth the small amount of time it takes to do it. It means so much.

How many times have I said to myself, “I think I’ll send a card” and then haven’t done it? It’s such a simple gesture and so easy to do (and I love to make cards in my spare time!). I have no excuse. I am humbled and challenged. I will do better.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: