Saturday, May 09, 2009

Motherhood


It's the hardest job. And it's the best job. I feel their every pain. I share their every joy. This job doesn't end. I'll be their mother forever. And that's okay. I wouldn't have it any other way. This is such a wonderful "phase" of motherhood that I'm in. I get to see my children settling in to their own lives. Married. Having pets. Having children. I have to remember that they are adults now and don't always want the advice I so often have at the ready. (I have to remember how I felt at their age.) But, I just enjoy them so much. Enjoy laughing with them. Enjoy chatting with them. Enjoy sitting and watching a movie with them. And enjoy sharing a meal with them. I still wish I could wave a magic wand and make their lives nothing but happiness and success. But then I would deprive them of a lot of growing and maturing. And so, I sit back and take them in like a sweet fragrance and just relish each moment I have with them. I am SO grateful they both live near enough that those moments are often. I am SO blessed. I love you Matthew and Dustin.

I love you madly.
Mom

No comments: