Thursday, February 05, 2009

Wow. February is here and I'm just now finding time this week to blog a little.

That's an Artist's Trading Card (ATC) that I made, up there. I'm going to do one a week for the year again. I love doing them. And I used the new collection over at SIStv, on sale now. It's called Winter Detox - the Retro Modern collection and can be purchased here. I love all the bright colors featured on SIStv's own "Modsheets". Very cool.

I woke up this morning and it was 0 degrees. Yikes. And that's after the icicles were dripping away in the almost 40-degree temps just last week. Well those are returning this weekend and I, for one, will welcome them. I'm just a little tired of this cold weather. I know previous Arizonians, Martha and Matthew are, too. February seems to be winter's last hurrah, and then March -even though the temps can be up and done - is just full of the hope of spring. To me, March IS the beginning of spring. And, well, meteorologically speaking, it IS the beginning of spring! I'm going to try not to set my mind on it too much at this point.

I just got off the phone with my mom who had to go back to skilled nursing this past week (it's a long story) mainly due to having pneumonia. But, she had a new x-ray today and it is gone! She's still coughing, but her lungs are clear and that is such good news.

I just had the weirdest thing happen. I tried to call my mom because I wanted to see about her x-ray, but she didn't answer her cell phone in her room. So, I called Gail, one of Mom's SES gals - and also a friend to me - to find out any news. So, anyway, in the midst of my conversation with her it sounded like someone picked up a phone extension and I heard - distinctly - my mom call my name. It was definitely her voice. It gave me goosebumps all over and completely made me tear up (like I was gonna cry) just because it was so freaky and REAL. I've never had an experience like that before. I hung up with Gail right away and called Mom. And she answered the phone right away. I didn't say anything to her about the experience. I didn't want to confuse her. And I figured if she had just tried to call me or something, she would have said so.

So - what in the HECK was that??? It was WEIRD!

Well, I'm feeling a strong urge to go curl up on the couch and read my book for a while. Wait! I just heard my book call my name! Heh. Just kidding.... But I'm off!

No comments: