Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas is over, the company's all gone home and Chris is out having a personal shopping day so, I'm home alone with a whole day before me. And it's a day in which I don't even have to cook, which makes it a REALLY good day! :) We're taking the fam out for dinner tonight, in lieu of a trip to NYC. The trip just wasn't working out for everyone and, as it turns out, I couldn't have gone anyway with this lovely little broken toe I acquired last week. Sigh.

Both Chris and I have come away from all the holiday craziness with colds. He managed to get himself up and out before I got out of bed this morning. I took drugs. Nyquil and Advil Cold & Sinus. And, consequently, I had a pretty good night's sleep and feel a lot better this a.m.

It's a gorgeous, sunny day out there - but back to cold again. I heard it was quite warm yesterday, but I came home from church and, with the house empty and quiet, fixed my lunch (including lots of cookies) got the crossword out of the paper and totally CRASHED. It took me forever to wake up from the sugary stupor I fell into. But when I did, I went downstairs and curled up in front of the TV and Chris and I finally got around to watching Elf. SO funny! I felt worse and worse as the night went on, though. Hence, the before bed drugs. I guess all my crashing was needed because of the brewing cold.

So, now I'm ready for coffee #2 and a visit to SIStv and then into my scraproom with me. It's SUCH a mess in there. It's been very well used these past weeks. I've been doing a "December" photo-journal. I'm loving doing it and it will be such a nice album to have. I also need to get caught up on all my December ATC's. And I just want to clean up in general in there. I've really got an urge to go through all my supplies and purge and simplify. I need to go with that urge when I've got it! I'm feeling the urge to take down all the Christmas decorations - including the tree - as well. But Chris wants it up until after the New Year. Since we'll be gone on New Year's day - then January 2nd it all comes down! I love a new year!

May your new year be filled with blessings and possibilities and all you hope for!

No comments: