Thursday, June 05, 2008


Yes, I DO scrap photos of people that aren't my immediate family! This is my gorgeous neice, Emily all dressed up to parcipate in a "Make A Wish" event. She's an amazing young woman!
(Credits: Font - dahaut; bracket/photo template, tag, buttons, ribbon, brad - Shabby Miss Jenn - (Flea Market); Script paper - Kate Pertiet (Vintage Text); Swirl (recolored) - Sue Cummings)
Here's a fun little survey I copied and answered:
have you ever...
gone on a blind date? yep. married him. NO kids. divorced him 3 years later. blech. don’t ask.
skipped school? Once – in my senior year and, don’tcha know my parents found out? Geesh.
watched someone die? Yes. my dear little sister – she was 42, I was 44…cancer.
been to Canada? Yep – Chris and I double-dated with our BFF’s for our – wait for it – honeymoon! eyyyyy.
been to Mexico? Nope
been to Florida? Yep – Clearwater area – about 8 years ago – went parasailing!
been on a plane? So many times it’s not fun anymore
been lost? hoo boy
been on the opposite side of the country? why, yes. San Diego twice. AZ twice. And my very short college stint was in Utah and included a trip to LA.
gone to Washington, DC? Yes, several times. Last time I went, we went to the Holocaust Museum. Intense and moving – unforgettable.
swam in the ocean? yeah, but it’s not really my most fave thing in the world. too many creatures that can hurt me, not to mention the salt water. I will only wade at this point…
had your booze taken away by the cops? um, noooooo.
lettered in a high school sport? no, but I performed modern dance regularly – and got a standing o for doing a dance (with my girl, Amal) to the drum solo of “inagadadavida” by Iron Butterfly…
cried yourself to sleep? too many times. painful.
played cops and robbers? it was more “house” for me
played dolls? my favorite Christmas was when we spent it at my grandparents’ cabin and my older sis and I got the new Barbies with the black/white swimsuit… have I played dolls? and then, when I had allergies so bad I had to stay inside in the summer, I’d cut out paper dolls and entertain my sad little self for hours…
recently colored with crayons? does jr. church (teaching it) count?
sang Karaoke? only once in a group. I want too badly to actually be good and I think that would take the fun out of it…for everyone.
paid for a meal with coins only? back in the day when McD’s cheeseburgers were 35 cents!
done something you told yourself you wouldn't? almost every day
cheated on an exam? I wouldn’t be able to sleep at night if I did…
made prank phone calls? um, yeah
laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose? is snot a beverage?
caught a snowflake on your tongue? who hasn’t?
danced in the rain? ran around, yes. danced, no.
written a letter to Santa Claus? nope
been kissed under the mistletoe? duh!
watched the sunrise with someone you care about? yes – most memorably at Cadillac Mountain in Maine with Chris and the boys while on vacay. It’s the 1st place in the US of A that the sun hits in the a.m.
been arrested? nope (remember, I’m the one that can’t cheat on a test…)
blown bubbles? now, this is getting dumb
gone ice-skating? yeah, in IL, where I grew up, they froze over the tennis courts in the winter. Totally removed my fear of falling “in”. We went as often as we could.
been skinny dipping outdoors? yuppers (just what would be special about skinny dipping Indoors?)
had a nickname? same one I still have
been to Africa? ohhhhh, my lifelong dream – for reals. I must.
eaten cookies for dinner? how ‘bout strawberry shortcake? if that counts then, YES!
been on TV? yes – I was one of those crazy people jumping up and down and screaming outside the Today show – despite the gazillions of people I called to tell to watch, only my brother-in-law saw me. Even my husband forgot to watch OR tape it…
stolen any traffic signs? I’m telin’ ya – I don’t break the law…
been in a car accident? yes, a couple. the worst was when we were hit by some dude on heroin on new year’s eve. but we were all fine…
What is your....
mother's name? mary
favorite drink? water (unless I would say my morning coffee…)
favorite alcohol? bailey’s irish cream - yummmmmm
birthplace? indiana
favorite vacation spot? Ireland, so far
favorite salad dressing? Orlie’s Italian
favorite pie? no brainer – lemon meringue – mom used to make it for my birthday instead of a cake
favorite number? 140 – what I’d like to weigh
favorite movie? Lord of the Rings trilogy
favorite holiday? thanksgiving – it’s pure and unadulterated
favorite food? garlic. bread. hands down.
favorite day of the week? hmmm. don’t know…. it hardly matters anymore.
favorite brand of body wash? Philosophy
favorite toothpaste? don’t care
favorite smell? lily of the valley (or my 1st a.m. coffee)
Do you have any...
tattoos? tbd
body piercings? Ears
Do you drive a 2-door or 4-door vehicle? 4 door.
What do you do to relax? scrap, compute, tube out, read
How do you see yourself in 10 years? I don’t know - how do you? and would I if I could? I doubt it – that sounds scary.
G'night!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Love your LO Jan and I really loved reading your survey answers. I love Bailey's too!!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!
I SO want to see that dance to ingadadavida!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!