Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Ahh, free time. Gotta love it! But I used my time pretty wisely today. After I got up and went downstairs I called Chris up from the cave, er, I mean, basement (he'd been down there several hours already) and invited him to join me in a 10-minute clean up of the disaster area otherwise referred to as our kitchen. Now, this is BEFORE I've even had a drop of coffee, mind you. I tell ya. I took one Advil pm (not two) and 3 regular Ibuprofen last night when I went to bed (at 2 p.m.-ish) as I was feeling a bit achy, and I had the BEST night's sleep EVAH. It's been a long long time since I've had such a good sleep.

So, anyway. Back to the kitchen. We got it cleaned up and I had my breakfast as I had my quiet/devotional time, which has also been sorely lacking lately. It was wonderful. I'm reading this - a recommendation from The Boy (aka Dustin). It's deep. And it's got some new thoughts. I love both and I especially love both in the very same book! :) I'm highlighting and re-reading sentences. I highly recommend it.

After that, I got started on my new Monday digi-scrap lesson. I soooooo love this class. It involves some of my favorite things - scrapping, the computer and learning new stuff. This was a loooooonngggg lesson today, though. I stopped after a little while and walked up to the mailbox, taking photos here and there. Haven't looked at 'em yet, though, so I don't know how they turned out. Hopefully, there will be MUCH more of that action! (both the walking AND the taking of more photos...). Came back and Chris and I re-arranged the front porch since there's like, 13 thousand chairs on there. I remember when we used to wish for more seating. Anyway, Chris had already cleared off the frost-bitten plants (though, I must say, those dang ferns are still going strong, which you'll see in the end result photos coming up from my lesson today) and so we moved the bench and re-arranged all the seating so it didn't look so lop-sided and crowded. MUCH better!

THEN I came back in and worked for a loooonnnng time on that lesson! Somewhere in there when my stomach began lurching in pain, I heated up some leftovers. There was no dinner planned because Chris was going to help Emily (and, therefore, Dustin) move to an apartment just a few steps from Dustin's. Go figure! :) And me? I actually volunteered, yes V-O-L-U-N-T-E-E-R-E-D to babysit Eva while they were all moving. Well, you know, it's awfully darn hard to move with a little one under foot. So I reserved some time in the evening for that, not really sure if my services would be needed. Plus, we had tentatively been planning on going to a movie with Deborah and Gary, so I figured I had already given up my evening scrapping time anyway (even though I have quite a few projects I'm PRESENTly (as in presents) working on.... And, after all, Emily did move some stuff and was very appreciative of my offer. Okay, part of the reason I offered was just because I missed little Eva. She's just so adorable. And so, I had her for only a couple hours and they flew by and she was just perfect. How could she not be? :)

All that to say that I never finished my lesson - due to a rather FULL day for someone with so much free time - until after Eva went back home, which was after 9 p.m. We had fun, though and I'm glad I did it.

I'm even MORE glad that I did finally finish this layout. There was a LOT to it - and it's a 2 page layout - a little trickier to post, but here it is anyway... I'll post the double and the single pages.

Ta ta!



No comments: