Monday, October 22, 2007

Over at SIStv, they are hosting several scrapping challenges each week for the month of October (as a sort of grand opening for the new boutique). For these challenges, the challengER will choose her favorite and the challengEE will win prizes! Prizes are a boatload of goodies from the boutique. So, even though I'm supposed to be working on THE Wedding Album x 2 (one for M&M and one for me), I do enjoy doing a couple challenges each week - especially when there's possible prizes involved. It gets other stuff scrapped AND just stretches the imagination and creativity.

I participated in two challenge contests this week. For the first, there were two photos. One was a lush photo of Marie Antoinette lounging in this rich, red boudoir, with lace and candles and silk, etc. And there was another totally different picture of Beck (the singer) surrounded by post-it notes - very contempo. You were to choose one of the photos and do a layout somehow inspired by the photo of your choice. Here's the one I did:

I thought it turned out nicely. There were a LOT of layouts submitted, though, and I didn't think mine would be picked. It wasn't. Oh, well. I still end up with a layout I really like and I like doing this size, too.

For the second challenge I chose to participate in, you were simply to use someone ELSE's handwriting on your layout in whatever way you wanted. Well, a couple weeks ago, we hosted Dustin's birthday party (more like a hot dog roast - well, it WAS a hot dog roast and we encouraged him to invite some of his friends in addition to family). He still had a couple friends here after everyone else had left and Chris and I just had to go to bed, old people that we are, since we had to get up for church the next morning. In the morning, though, we found this note that Dustin had left us expressing his gratitude for the party and more... I told him that I was going to have to scrap that.... SO, this challenge was the perfect opportunity to do just that. Here's the layout I made:


For this one I just so happened to have WON!!!! Woooo hooo! If you click on the actual layout, you should get a large enough view of it that you can read it. If not, just click on the link to the right where you can see my layouts at SIStv. Then you'll find it in my "just layouts" folder or "recently uploaded" folder. It's pretty sweet (the note). And the peeps in charge of the website and the challenges kept saying all week long that the prizes THIS week were going to be REALLY good! So, I'll post what I end up with when I get it! Yee ha! They like me, they really like me! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan!
I saw your picture earlier today at Jessica Sprague. I am glad you have this link to your blog. Your blog is so nice; I love the color(s).

The LO you won the challenge with is very nice. I just looked through the LO's on your blog and I love the wedding ones.

I have been traveling in our motor home for the last 2 1/2 months with iffy and slow internet. Rather than deal with the slowness, I just did essential stuff.

I love this class we are taking! I want to be a full-time digi scrapper. I have so much paper and related product that I haven't used. I love the computer and think it would be less expensive to digi scrap. Either method, I need to be more productive.

Happy fall to someone who is really having a fall!

Susan