Friday, October 05, 2007

I've been staying up in the wee hours - scrapping. Digi scrapping. Why, oh, why have I not learned that I cannot start a project at 12:30 in the morning - I'm talking 12:30 A.m. here. I guess I think I can just whip something out or work on something for just a little while but then, before I know it, it's 2:30 p.m. Gah.

Anyway, here are my most recent digi works of art:


The photo in this second one is taken along Pine Creek in Cedar Run, where Chris and I will be heading next Wednesday for our annual getaway at the Cedar Run Inn. I can barely express in words how much I love this little retreat. Fabulous food. Lazy days. Gorgeous scenery. None of the usual pressures of life. Did I mention the fabulous food? It's just always such a lovely time and, of course, God will be putting on a spectacular foliage show in the area next week. Can't wait to see that.

We had a little "taste" of it tonight as we headed up north with Jack and Tina for dinner at the Manor Hotel. The restaurant is on Pine Creek and they have a great deck that overlooks it beautifully. And it was quite warm today and this evening, so perfect for a little dinner al fresco. We had a great time and the drive was lovely. The trees have a ways to go yet, but we weren't as far north as we will be next week, either. I'm sure it will be beautiful, anyway. Chris just mentioned that there could be some rain coming in, so I'm going to get my magazine and book stash ready AND - a brilliant thought here - I am going to download PSE 5.0 on Chris's computer and then bring a CD with some of my digi scrapbooking elements so, if it is raining all day - I can sit there and scrap away! How great will that be? (I think I'm pretty darn smart sometimes...) :)

And, to prove it, I'm going to sign off and head for bed. (It's only 11 p.m.!)

No comments: