Thursday, July 10, 2008

Family. It's a wonderful thing. And I just love this little family unit. So happy to have them here. So far, they seem to really be enjoying the cooler, albeit damper, temperatures of PA. And God does put on a pretty good show around these parts at this time of year.

So, we're beginning to also enjoy the benefits of having people in the house that like to cook. And I'm so enjoying being more conscious of what I'm eating and having good food in front of me. And, Martha has been very gently encouraging me to walk. I've gone out for two teeny little walks this week - unfortunately, quite a vast improvement from what I had been doing.

Oh, and Martha discovered these AWEsome toadstools growing under the pines at the end of our driveway. Check it:
Is that not the most amazing thing? Martha got some great pics, too, of not only the stool, but some added embellishments for dramatic effect. She cracks me up!

I did a SIStv assignment today and that was to update the Digital Blog with a review of new products available. That was kinda fun. Here's a link, just in case you want to read my riveting review. There ARE some really cute things available, though. I'm really glad I like what I sell!

I also did the church banking today in anticipation of the busy day I have planned tomorrow which includes doing our own banking AND my hair and pedi appointments. And packing!

We head up Friday to our rented cabin in Blackwell, PA in the PA Grand Canyon. It's such a beautiful area and we always look forward to spending this week there ourselves - this time accompanied by M&M. There's a bike path just a stone's throw from our cabin and a fantabulous swimming hole right in front of our cabin. Not to mention all the hiking you could ever want, too. I just love sitting on the front porch with my feet up, reading and generally relaxing. Who cares if it's stinkin' hot and humid? That creek is all I need. We have a few meals out planned and the rest we'll - and when I say we'll, I mean they'll - cook at the cabin.

Matthew's already been doing a little work - down at Grandpa's helping to fix up the house. And today he started someone with guitar lessons. Martha's been gathering some materials for a scrapbook she's going to work on over the summer, including while we're away. How thrilled am I about that? Tomorrow I will also be gathering, in my spare time, some scrappy things to take. I already downloaded some digi files to a CD and I'm also going to take some supplies so I can make some ATC's while I'm gone.

I've got a big day before me - better get some sleep!

No comments: