Friday, May 19, 2006

I'm flying home today. I've been at my mom's for a week now and it hasn't really been a vacation. She's moving in December, so it's been a week of trying to get her down-sized. She's been really great about it - much to my relief.

I feel like I need to do the same thing when I get home, now that I'm off for the summer. Of course, what I really can't wait to do is scrap daily! But I think I'll dedicate my mornings to actually getting some work done around the house, since I never do that while I'm on my regular (go-to-work) schedule.

My mom's house (though a bit cluttered right now due to rummaging through her stuff) is always immaculate. And she has this big, boat-like Cadillac (that I drive while here). Consequently, when I go back home I always feel like I drive a junker and live in a shack. Just in comparison, you know? Well, okay, so my Toyota Avalon is an ugly gray, is in desperate need of cleaning (inside and out) and has about 156,000 miles on it. And I do live in a log home that, after 20+ years of living there, isn't quite finished yet.

But I love my home, really.

Well, it's okay - this all just makes me want to go home and clean and, hey, while I've got the urge, I should just go with it, because I don't get the urge often!

Anyway, I'm on my way to home-sweet-home and the real beginning of my summer vacation. Bring it on!

No comments: