Monday, September 11, 2006

It's a sad day.

Is there anyone not blogging about what happened 5 years ago today? I'm still so moved by the whole thing. It still seems surreal.

As much as I am moved by the tragedies of this day, I have to say I don't go around living in fear. Does that mean that I'm immune to the potential threat we live under? Does that mean I'm naive about the protection our country (for the most part, anyway) seems to enjoy?

I don't think so. For me, it means that I know when my time on earth is up, it's only because God has deemed it so. I don't think that means that I can take irresponsible risks with my life (or others') but I do think it eliminates the need to spend precious time worrying about the what if's of life.

I am so thankful for the freedom our nation is priveleged and blessed to live under. I am so thankful that our nation isn't war-ravaged like so many in the news today. I am so thankful daily for the beauty of God's creation and the joy it brings me. I am so very thankful for the day and age - and place - I was born into. My life is blessed and rich and full.

But there are so many reliving their personal horrors today. Many that lost loved ones in such a violent way five years ago. My heart goes out to them. My prayers go up for them.

It makes me cry.

No comments: