Friday, October 16, 2009

A Few Prompted Thoughts...

I thought it would be fun this morning to borrow these little prompts that I saw on Ali Edwards' blog. She credits them below.

Inspired by The Simple Woman's Day Book. I did one entry last June and felt like it was time to do it again. (says Ali)

Outside my window...the deck is wet with the rain - and snow - of the past two days. And pretty little colored leaves are scattered all over.

I am thinking...about my daughter-in-law's dr. appt. today (a neurologist for help with her constant headaches) and hoping that he gives her real help.

I am thankful for...the fact that I can stay home and determine how I spend my days. Still so thankful for that.

From the kitchen...a whole lotta nuthin'. We determined that we'd not get groceries this week and just make meals from what we have. We've done well. There's barely anything left!
I am wearing...navy sweat pants, a tee with a comfy red sweater over it, socks and slippers

I am creating...something I've been meaning to start for a long time. Shhhh - it's a secret!

I am going...to start scrapping as soon as I'm done with this post. Sweet.

I am reading...Brennan Manning's Ruthless Trust. Just started yesterday. I'm already inspired and challenged. I just finished My Life in France by Julia Child. A friend gave it to me for a quick, fun read and it was just that. My next fiction up is Abundance: a novel of Marie Antoinette by Sena Jeter Naslund (Ahab's Wife). That should make me appreciate my simple little life all the more!

I am hoping...to see both of my granddaughters within the next couple days. (I go through withdrawal without them...)

I am hearing...the fan of the wood furnace going (indicating that cold weather is here to stay) and Chris fixing his breakfast.

Around the house...things are neat and tidy and it clears up my head like you wouldn't believe!

One of my favorite things...this second cup of coffee in front of the computer.

A few plans for the rest of the week...we may go see "Where the Wild Things Are" tonight. Hope to pick up Eva for an overnight Saturday and get a visit in with Maggie, too (aforementioned granddaughters). We were planning our annual "Dancing on the Deck" party for last Sunday, but too many people were sick so we postponed til this Sunday. But it looks like the weather's not going to cooperate. We'll go back to "plan A" next year which will be to have it in September when the weather's milder. But I was gone too much this September.

A picture to share...Chris took the photo - and I photoshopped it - of me walking along Pine Creek on our recent trip to the Cedar Run Inn. Lovely.


Photobucket

1 comment:

angie said...

your blog is so lovely! i really like your writing style - it seems like you would be really easy to talk with:)