Saturday, September 19, 2009

to Martha's Vineyard and back

Chris and Martha and Matthew and I headed to Martha's Vineyard (to stay with Martha's mom, Katy) for 9 days. And I do feel like we had a proper farewell to summer. We had four beach days, three of them just stellar. And I even can say that I got me a pretty nice tan. Yeah, so it's already starting to fade. But I know it's there and that's all that matters. Geesh. I don't even know what that means.

First things first. I was just barely able to complete a digi layout for One Little Word's current prompt: invincible. Even though we were gone and I've been crazily getting caught up since our return Monday night, I really wanted to do this layout. Because invincible just makes me think of Chris and how he's always doing crazy fun stuff - or just plain crazy stuff. In this case, I just happened to catch a photo of him boogie-boarding while on the Vineyard, so I just thought it all tied in so well - and what a great memory to save, too. Here's the layout:


As always, you can click on the image to make it larger. Credits: Patterned paper by Patricia Christensen; Fonts – Tiza (title); Century Gothic (subtitle and journaling); Wave, stitched frame by Audrey Neal; Swirl stitching by Kristen Cronin-Barrow; Stitched journaling strips by Katie Pertiet; Swirls paper by Gina Marie Huff


Here's the original photo and a few others from the trip - and I mean just a few - I took over 250 pics. And I apologize to Matthew for cutting him out of the photo on the layout. He's pretty invincible, too. But not as much as Chris! :)


This old boat was "parked" just down the road a bit from Katy's house. I thought it looked so cool sitting there in the field amongst the wildflowers.

This is the lighthouse at Gay Head on the east end of the island.



And these last two are on the beach at Gay Head. I'd have to say it was one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen.

We had a great 9 days. We ate a ton of seafood, pretty much drove from one end of the island to the other, played some games, relaxed, read, did a little shopping and had a lot of laughs.
I've had a lot going on this week as well including hosting our women's fellowship, appointments to keep, babies to watch and cuddle and 2 weeks worth of church and personal bill-paying and checkbook balancing to catch up on - and I'm only halfway through my week home before I head out for another week to visit my mom in Madison.
It's late. I'll try to post again before I leave. I have more to say. But I'm too tired to say it right now...

Photobucket

2 comments:

Lynn said...

This is gorgeous! Love it! Great picture!

Denise said...

I just sent you an email Jan--this post and the layout made my day!!