Saturday, March 22, 2008

We have news! Dustin and Emily are engaged! The wedding is being planned for Labor Day weekend. Again, it will be as small a wedding as possible, and outdoors (Lord willing!). So, here I am, in wedding planning mode again. Even though the wedding is NOT at our house this time, the bride's parents just happen to be one of our bestest friends! And even though Deborah is a floral designer, a caterer and an event planner extraordinaire, I will, just by the nature of our friendship, be involved in the planning!

I know I haven't been keeping up with this blog too much lately. I mostly wanted to keep the card shower for Lois at the top of the page. The deadline for that was yesterday, so I'm going to take that off the site now. But also, I do blog daily at the other site listed at the top of the page...

Spring is trying to, um, spring. The geese have flown south, the birds are back - including the robins - and we get the occasionally warmish day. But the warm is coming slowly. I have no doubt that it will come though...

Oh! And THIS very morning I was able to get back into the hot tub for the first time since early winter! It was a looooonnngggg process of ordering (the right) part(s), but, finally, we are back in business. So, there's one thing I can enjoy about the still chilly temps. It was not even 30 degrees outside when I got in this morning and it was so darn lovely! I am SO thrilled to have it back. I missed it tremendously.

I spent today getting the house ready for an Easter dinner we are hosting tomorrow. Yes, just hosting - NOT cooking. YAY! Deborah had invited us and the kids and the Orr's over for Easter dinner at her house, except she just doesn't have the room, so I offered to have it up here. So, while we're in church tomorrow a.m., she (and Emily) will be up here cooking away and we'll be able to come home to the smell of turkey roasting in the oven and all the good stuff that goes with that. (Yes, Emily requested a "Thanksgiving" meal... yum!). We'll have 11 at our table and it will be great!

Tonight we're going to see a movie I've been dying to see - "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly". It's an indie movie, which explains why it didn't come to our local generic theater. But the wonderful Community Arts Center in Williamsport shows the indie movies that no one else has (which are also my favorites) and I love them for that... I just hope there's no random shootings in the city while we're heading to our cars like there was last time - about an hour after we were in the city. But that's another story.

Easter blessings to all. I hope we don't forget that this holiday isn't about bunnys and eggs. And bunnys don't even lay eggs anyway, so what's up with that?

No comments: